Our Mission and Vision
Global Women connects women affected by poverty to resources that transform their lives.
- We have a particular concern for women who live in communities where poverty is pervasive.
- We feel especially called to help remove physical, social and/ or spiritual barriers that prevent women from experiencing life in all its fullness.
- We understand poverty is multi-dimensional and advocate for solutions that address the whole woman—physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
- We believe women have the right to experience life free from poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
- We envision a world where every woman is empowered by the love of God, valued in her community, and equipped to fulfill her unique purpose.
- We follow the example of Jesus. We seek to model the love and mercy of Jesus Christ in all that we do.
- We serve women. Our partnerships serve women that are marginalized and we work in areas of extreme need and limited funding resources. We seek to partner with indigenous Christian women.
- We pray. We believe in prayer and praying for our global partners and the women they work with.
- We pursue integrity and excellence. We aspire to help women achieve their God-given potential as we also work toward our own God-given potential.
- We desire to learn from each other. We believe everyone has skills, gifts, and knowledge and we look to learn from our cross-cultural partnerships.
- We hold each other accountable. We seek accountability with our global partners as we are accountable to our donors.
- We practice sustainability. We believe in using our resources conscientiously as we help build sustainability with our partners in their programs.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is God’s inspired word and is the norm for faith and practice.
- We believe in one God who is triune: Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer of the Church.
- We believe that because God created humankind in God’s own image, all persons regardless of gender, ethnicity, and class have dignity and deserve to be treated with equality and justice.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who became incarnate to save humankind through his life, death, and resurrection.
- We believe that the restoration of humankind’s relationship with God and each other is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who gives gifts and empowers women and men to serve in ministry according to their particular gifts, not their gender.
- We believe the Bible gives us a mandate to be messengers of God’s redemptive plan and to respond to human needs by following Jesus’ life and teachings.
- We believe we are partners with other Great Commission Christians to fulfill this mandate.
Stacy K. Blackmon, Executive Director
Stacy is an accomplished strategist, communicator, partnership builder, and transformational ministry leader dedicated to helping people thrive, especially women and children. She joined GW on September 15, 2015. Prior to joining Global Women, Stacy served as a National Director and Organizational Strategy Project Director for World Vision. Through her work, she helped shape the conversation on meaningful ways people in the U.S. can walk alongside the world's most vulnerable in honoring, mutually beneficial, life-changing ways.
Stacy holds a Master of Public Administration degree, Master of Divinity degree, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, taking a fast walk (or slow run) on a sunny day, and quiet moments of reflection over a good cup of coffee.
Board of Directors
- Misty Granade, President – Alabama
- Karen Cotter, Vice President – Oklahoma
- Gerel Myers, Treasurer - Oklahoma
- Theresa Weisenberger, Secretary - Georgia
- Dorothy Strickland– Texas
- Heather Jeffcoat – Alabama
- Iva Kimbrough - North Carolina
- Kim Looney - New York
- Ellen Sechrest – South Carolina
- Becky Smith - Georgia
- Jean Taff – Georgia
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at 205.663.0505
Write us at:
PO Box 1535
Pelham, AL 35124-5535
Global Women is a 501 (c) 3 organization.
GW has earned the coveted Gold Star on GuideStar’s Exchange. It is our goal to maintain that level and insure complete transparency for our investors.