May 24, 2013
It's Friday and the start to a long weekend! If you are not already smiling, I am sure you will be after reading this list of five things we are excited about this summer:
Karen Cotter in Burma 2012
1. Burma- In six days Cindy Dawson, Karen Cotter, and I will fly to Burma to spend time with our global partners, Paw Gaw and Kyi Kyi, and help with trainings for community health care workers and pastors' wives. We are so excited! You can get all the details about our trip by clicking here.
One of the women at a sewing center in Nepal
2. NEPAL - After leaving Burma, Cindy and I will fly to Nepal. We can not wait to spend time with our global partner Sangte and see some of the sewing centers she has started. The centers allow women to gain skills for meaningful employment. Some of the women walk four hours to go to the training, and Sangte says, "They are so happy that they have a chance to learn, because there is no tailoring at their village at all."
3. Ardmore Baptist Church - Cindy and I will be speaking at Ardmore Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, NC on June 26th. We will have exciting stories and pictures from Burma and Nepal to share with these faithful friends, who have been praying, giving, going and doing with GW for almost 9 years!
4. Cooperative Baptist Fellowship General Assembly - On June 26th through the 28th, Cindy and I will be in Greensboro, NC for the CBF General Assembly. This has always been a great event for staff to connect with many in the GW family. Since this will be my first year attending the Assembly, come by our GW exhibit so I can meet you! Those who come by early might get a "treat" from Burma or Nepal!
BoL Camp 2012
5. Moldova - Global Women will take a trip to Moldova to visit our Global Partners Yulia and Natasha with Beginning of Life (BoL) July 31st through August 12th. We will be traveling there to help BoL with their camp for women in their restoration program. Want to give us one more reason to smile this Friday? We are so close to reaching our goal in the $10,000 May Matching Challenge, and you could be the one to help us reach our goal! Just $460 to go!