July 12, 2013
Happy Friday! I few weeks ago I shared five things you can pray for women in Burma (Myanmar), and now I want to share five prayer request Cindy brought back from her time in Nepal. Please join us in praying for the women in Nepal.
Please pray for:
Cindy and Sangte
1. Sangte Zothan as she works with local church leaders to further strengthen the 7 sewing centers. They are praying for direction on the best way to set up a loan program that might help to make sewing machines available for purchase by the women who complete the programs. They want to move slowly and carefully so the plan will be the best for the women and their families.
2. Teachers at the 7 sewing centers. They are thankful for this job opportunity, and enjoy teaching the women new skills, wrapped in God's love. They ask for God to give them patience and help them to be encouraging to the women who are mostly learning a new skill for the first time in their life. They want to be creative in their teaching so the women can truly grasp the new concepts and be encouraged.
3. Students as they strive to remain in the course for the complete 7 months. Pray that family matters, monsoon rains, illness, and discouragement in their progress will not make them want to quit.
4. Students as they gather for 2 hours, 6 days a week, for 7 months to learn and also to fellowship with their sewing friends. Christian and non Christian students as they gather for a brief devotion at the beginning of each class. Pray they will recognize God in their presence and feel love and valued.
5. Students to learn new and challenging techniques, and to accomplish their goals in class. Students to be able to put into practice what they have learned and begin to make some income to support their family with their new skill.
Want a full list of prayer request for women in Burma (Myanmar) and Nepal? Click Here.
Also, take a look at this video message from one of the students at a sewing center in Nepal: